Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A Full Fun-Filled Day

     Successful work meeting at home with our customer finance lady first thing this morning. How wonderful it was to meet such a sweet lady whom I have talked on the phone with so many times, but never had a face to put with the voice! I also appreciated her offer to come out to our home to go over the new paperwork.  Hubby was going to keep the little ones occupied during my meeting, but got called to go to work and had to leave before she arrived. Teaching the children they need to play quietly and help entertain their baby brother during such occasions has really paid off and allowed us to accomplish what we needed to! (Along with snacks-snacks are always good!)
      Great well check-ups for Micah and Maria followed. How can they be one and three already?!  Trying to soak up these little years and I feel so blessed with a supportive husband and for (prayerfully) making choices together that have allowed me to be a full-time wife and mommy, and still keep my skills sharp by doing the bookkeeping for the family business from home. I've definitely acquired even better time management skills and continue learning ways for staying on top of everything! (is that even possible??)
      Stay-at-home mommies work harder and longer hours than I ever realized (literally 24/7) with no monetary compensation for all of that effort, but the blessings by far surpass anything I could have ever imagined.  I love that I get to be the manager of our time and days, and focus around the needs of my home and family.
      We grilled steaks out today. Yay! I love these warm days! I also made homemade baked beans. I will share the recipe soon. SO easy and SO yummy! Giant Eagle carries an organic version (most regular brands have HFCS in them- I put honey in my version), but now that I know I can make my own and get way more for my money, I won't be buying them again! Michael and the kiddos loved them!
      I spent the afternoon outside with my little ones soaking in this beautiful day, walking, checking on our newly planted trees, raspberries, and grapes, making water balloons, having snack/story time on a blanket under the shade tree.....so fun!!
      We even took dinner down and ate with daddy at work. It was a full but FUN day! And a perk of them being completely worn out...7:00 bedtimes! Caught up on my book work, house stuff, and tomorrow's prep work, along with a little reading and writing time to wind down. Hope you all were able to soak in some sunshine today!! :-)

*A few of my favorite more recent pictures :-)

Such a sweet big brother!



Micah and that little tongue!

Silly :-)



Their new way of walking together, like a little married couple!

Working on their Fruits of the Spirit baskets



4 of the fruits so far!

Building an Igloo!

Oh that smile! :-)


Our little sweetie


Best little friends


No comments:

Post a Comment