Thursday, April 18, 2013

The downside to early bedtimes....

     So, spending the afternoon and evening having fun with my children brought me early bedtimes. It also brought my a later night catching up on my work, and an extra early morning wake-up call from the baby. I am normally an early riser who enjoys mornings and checking off some things on my to-do list before my crew awakens. But today, today I literally had to peal myself out of my warm comfy bed, feeling like I had just ran a marathon. I'm sure you can relate! I have learned (and am still learning) perspective and attitude is everything.    
    It can be all too easy to feel sorry for yourself and feel entitled to another twenty minutes of sleep ;-) Grumpiness can quickly turn to being grateful if we allow it to. At first, I felt dreary and grumpy. Then, one look at that sweet little face reminded me that I am so blessed by this little one who needs his mama to get up and get moving, regardless of how tired she might be!! Instead of moping around (which only makes me feel worse!), I chose to get up, get moving, and get another cup of coffee! While I was enjoying my cup of coffee, feeding the baby, and watching the sun come up, I read this post this morning. I found it sweet and encouraging, so I thought I would share it. Be encouraged!

http://www.momheart.org/2013/04/he-gently-leads-those-with-young/

1 comment: